Couldn’t pass this one by.
The land of the free and that great dream.
Also known as the land of sexist misogynist bastards who want to control women.
Oh, I’m busy doing other things right now rather than blogging, [inserts excuse for not being around] but this one deserves a tiny post.
The races. The candidates. The issues. From zero to savvy in under 6 seconds.
Kansas governor signs another abortion bill
THE KANSAS CITY STAR
Gov. Sam Brownback has signed a bill into law that would allow pharmacists to refuse to provide drugs they believe might cause an abortion.
Called the Heath Care Rights of Conscience Act, the new law would bar anyone from being required to prescribe or administer a drug they “reasonably believe” might result in the termination of a pregnancy.
Critics believe the law will open the door for a pharmacist to refuse a request for something like the “morning-after” pill, which the Mayo Clinic says can prevent or delay ovulation, block fertilization or keep a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.
They argued that the bill puts pharmacists and physicians in a position to refuse birth control.
American Republicans. You are a load of arseholes. Unless there are any out there who can convince me otherwise. Just one, would be interesting. Seriously.
That is a shit-smart clever idea. I get a prescription for the morningafterpill, and you, pharmacist, don’t like it, so you tear it up. For whatever reason, some woman, has sex without contraception, and you have the right to judge? Because that is what this is about, total judgement and power over women.
Let’s have a bit of criticism of the men for once. You have sex with someone without contraception, you get forcibly sterilised, for example. How about that? What’s the difference? Politicians, you, are messing with people’s lives. Shame you aren’t sorting some out. Like poverty and starvation instead of focusing so much on this issue. Or maybe corporate bankers?
Run by me again (doncha love the jargon) why the US criticises Islamic countries for subjugating women? And what might this be?
Denying a woman her right to control her body is exactly that, and you are one seriously screwed-up religious fanatical country to support this. By which I mean the USA. Gosh! Does that bear parallels with other countries?
http://edinburgheye.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/your-conscience-or-mine/ is a good post on the same topic from a different perspective.
There are a number of ways of looking at this.
1) You are a woman and you had sex with a man without contraception. You might get pregnant.
2) You are a man and you had sex with a woman without contraception. You won’t get pregnant. It’s not your responsibility after all.
3) You are religious and you think it is your business to interfere in someone else’s life. We all make mistakes. I thought Jesus (and others) preached forgiveness?
4) You are just a republican/right-wing person who thinks a) women are stupid b) medics/pharmacists know best c) you know best d) who gives a shit about women and e) we really need to go and invade those bad Islamic countries who don’t treat women equally.
5) You let people make their own decisions in life. We only have one life. Apart from the glorious multitudes who go to the whereeverafter.
But some of us would really appreciate some arsehole in power not legislating against a very personal choice.
If you wish to reply about your glorious principles from a wonderful position fine, and I’ll reply with a load of statistics about teenage pregnancies, peer group pressure, and people who actually just don’t want to have children.
A foetus is not a person.