I blame The Ark, the scourge of Christianity, for introducing me to barking evangelical blogs.
Seriously, these people have not just one screw missing, they haven’t got a screw at all in them.
Or sixpence short of a shilling. Forget that, eleven pence and three farthings short. And that’s generous.
So there I am, conducting a civil conversation on one blog of a rather fundagelical, and some twerp jumps in. No problem with someone jumping in. But wholesale abuse and jumping to conclusions is a bit unreasonable.
Describing atheism as religion
Wanting to teach Christianity as fact not religion
Here you go, word for word:
What do you think you atheists are doing???
You most certainly are “inflicting your views” about abortion, homosexuality, feminism, and every other form of evil your kind worships! You are such hypocrites, but you don’t even see the forest through the trees! You are against Christians teaching our kids our beliefs, yet you want to cram every unGodly evil belief down the throats of everyone???
You are so blinded by the feminist agenda that you wouldn’t know the truth about Christianity if it was in front of your face. The Only thing about the Christian religion you GUYS want to see is the lies & twisted facts that suppress the TRUTH of how much of a POSITIVE influence it has had on Society!!! You go ahead and believe the lies, you will see the truth one day! I pray for you, because you might not be such a bad guy, but you are certainly deceived by the forces of darkness & evil!!! Feminists like you will most likely grow old and be alone, miserable, & lonely. Because you killed your own children in abortion mills, and no guy in his right mind will want an old, shriveled up woman like you….But hey, Congratulations, You are independant…….Please repent of your evil ways! (OK, blast away, I can almost predict your response. It will NOT be original, it will be the same old stuff….Have a nice life…….
And, from me:
Thank you for your less than polite comment about mine.
Here is my unoriginal predictable response.
1) ‘You atheists’ implies there is some sort of grouping. There isn’t. I don’t go to the atheist church.
2) Inflicting my views? Well, yes, I think it’s fair to say that everyone deserves equal treatment under the law. I’m neither opposing the law, trying to change it, or saying it is wrong.
3) Obviously, being an evil atheist, I don’t worship anything.
4) Why am I hypocritical? And please stop lumping me with a group of people. I am my own person.
5) I think all religions and beliefs should be taught to children so they are aware of the differences and the many types of faith. I don’t think any religion should be taught as fact. What’s wrong with that?
6) I’ll admit I’m short-sighted but it’s hardly due to feminism. More likely due to reading too many books. My ‘feminist agenda’ as you call it, started after I thought the Christian religion was a load of bunkum.
7) I have a degree in Ancient and Medieval History and Archaeology. BA Hons. What I learned from that was how much evil was caused by Christianity.
8) I may well grow old and alone if my husband dies before me. I’m unlikely to be miserable and lonely. And it beats the hell out of some sanctimonious prat preaching at me.
9) I have had no abortions, not that it is any of your ****ing business.
10) Your comment about an ‘old shriveled up woman’ is gross and insulting, as are you. As this is Wally’s blog, with whom I have had a respectful engagement, I won’t reply in like tone. Should Wally give me permission to do so, however …
Your comment is also ageist, as well as sexist. I don’t think you are a very good example of your religion. Again, thank you for your, rude, abusive and unwarranted response.
Was that suitably predictable?
Liked by 1 person
So there we go. A great advert for Christianity.