I have to say for once that I have little to write.
Sensitive souls may read on, this is not an animal abuse post, ie there is no vicious cruelty reported or depicted. Although, one could say that invading an animal’s small amount of space when they are penned up in a zoo is cruelty in itself. Well, I would say that.
You have to click on the linkies as there is no point reading the story otherwise, and I don’t feel like getting into copyright issues.
However, firstly we have a bizarre series of photos where lion clearly wants to eat small child wearing black and white stripes and looking exceedingly zebra-ish. Note, always sensible to be aware what you are wearing when around animals. We noticed red triggered a local dog to go absolutely ballistic whereas normally he was a nice friendly Tigre (yes he was called Tiger but only ‘cos he was stripey).
This scene is maybe ok for the child, and the parents are cool because there is some nice thick glass, but it seems to be winding the lion up no end. Scroll through to the last but one pic. Poor frustrated lion. Can’t understand what’s going on. He should be in the wild anyway.
The next deserves total idiots of the year award. Or possibly the decade or the century. Would you pay fifty bucks to go into the lions’ den? (Technically it is fifty five as there is a five bucks entrance fee). But of course you would, these are just big cuddly cats eh?
a) they shouldn’t be in zoos anyway (well not the animals)
b) can you imagine going for a nap and some PITA coming hassling you for strokes and piccies? I know what I would be doing and it wouldn’t be snoozing peacefully away
c) Ah! penny! goes! drop! The poor dears are probably drugged off their eyeballs in the first place. Unlike the one in the first example trying to get through the plate glass. In fact I think I can see Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion in one of those pix at zoo whatsitcalled.
- Do not support any type of zoo, please.
- Do not support such disgusting exploitation of animals who quite frankly do not deserve to be dragged out of their environment to entertain moronic people.
- Treat animals with respect. No, that isn’t strong enough. Stop invading and destroying their environment, stop killing them, abusing them, and stop capturing them for these degrading spectacles.
Anybody who pays 50$ for this deserves all they get. But they won’t will they?
I did a little search about drugged animals at this zoo – which claims it does not drug them (yeah right) – and found a lot of people who were slightly perturbed about visiting the zoo and wondering about the state of the animals.
1) How about you don’t go to ANY zoo in the first place
2) How about you engage a brain, if you have one. If you think that patting lions and tigers is a natural phenomenon, and they just happen to be so docile and friendly, and waiting for your loving strokes and cute photos, then quite possibly you may want to think again.
One day poor old cross-eyed Clarence may wake up out of his stupor and maul someone to death. And even though you have signed that indemnity and paid your fifty bucks, whose fault will it be? Yup. Poor old Clarence will have to bite the bullet for not being a good lion.
Credit for these sources as ever to STOP ANIMAL ABUSE